Sunday 20 November 2011

Downhill all the way

Mum has deteriorated incredibly fast over the past few days. Considering it is exactly a week ago today that she went into hospital and at that time she walked from the car into the hospital, it's unbelievable that now she can barely stand (definitely needs assistance of 2), very drowsy, a little confused... Yesterday I managed to get her to eat a little bit with encouragement +++ but today that didn't really happen. She's still just about recognising people and talking but not much. Yesterday she said herself 'I think maybe I'm better off here because I don't think you two will manage at home', I feel awful that she thinks we wouldn't be able to manage, but at the same time I kind of think it's the right decision... I don't know.

Her 4 sisters want to fly over from America but it's quite difficult to know what to say to them to advise them on what is best to do... They're talking about flying out next weekend and based on how fast she's deteriorating at the moment I'm a bit scared that might be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment