Monday 5 March 2012

The big smoke

When I first started telling people I was planning to move to London, I was mostly pleased by my friends' positive comments, but also slightly saddened by a few negative comments. 'London's very big' and 'you'll miss your friends' were the main ones (though there were many others).

A month in and I have no regrets, not one, nada. Well actually maybe one -that I didn't do it sooner, that I let the bastard M stop me for so long.

Why do I love London?? I can't entirely explain it. It's the buzz, the energy, the feeling of endless possibilities. The knowledge that I can do what I want, be who I want, almost completely unconstrained. (Don't worry, I'm not planning on running amok through North London with a sawn-off shotgun). The wonderful Anna K puts it better than I ever could:
http://anyotherwoman.com/2012/01/dear-london/

2 comments:

  1. Anita I LOVE that you have a blog, and really look forward to stalking, nay, meeting you here in London in person x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Gemma!! Did you get my email? Hope to see you soon x

      Delete